I got bored with the lower body workout from p90x. Yea i only did it 3 times….I get bored easily obviously. Plus I have a weird hip rotation and my knees are not aligned properly with my feet so they like to go inward. Making a lot of the moves awkward to do..like the 3 way lunge (especially the 45° one), and I love a good post workout soreness and that was only present the first time through….time to switch!
Mixed in some Lovingfit lower body workout the Star Power Training Workout.
3 rounds (first 2 rounds do the pull ups, last round pull ups are optional…my arms died lol) (Use a light weight for this workout or else you will be all over the place. I used 10 lb dumbells)
- Weighted Split Squat Right Leg x20
- Bodyweight Side Lunge Flow Right Leg x25 (side lunge/wood chop with the back leg lifted)
- Reverse Close Grip Chin up x25
- Weighted Split Squat Left Leg x20
- Bodyweight Side Lunge Flow Left Leg x25
- Wide Grip Pullup x25
- Weighted Jump Lunge Combo x25
- Drive Squat x30 (it’s like a dumbell swing but your upper arms stay isolated and you do a hammer curl)
- Close Grip Pullup x25
- Calf Raises Toes In, Toes Forward, Toes Out – x15 slow x10 fast each
- Squat to knee raise twist to opposite elbow x25 (each side counts as 1 so you will be doing 50 total)
- Switch Grip Pullup x25
Ended with Ab Ripper X, which I had to wait 5 min to do because my legs were shot.
I was going to do a 15 min skipping workout after but this took me a little over an hour to do.
Back-to-back Bodyrock Z workouts because I need variation to insanity or I will go insane myself lol.
9 min warmup 10:20 (10 seconds is jogging in place) 18 rounds
- Jumping jacks (any type of jacks really)
- Switch kicks (keep elbows close to body, like you are going to kick some one in the face)
- Ski Jumps (do NOT twist your body, skiiers don’t twist their bodies skiing!)
- Touch the floor squat jumpsSquat and side kick (straight leg, if you cant lift your leg high enough to keep it straight then lift until you start to bend)
- Mountain climbers
there is an easier variation on bodyrock website, I just alternated it to get my heartrate up (I love a hard heartpounding workout bahaha)
Caught Stripping Fat WO
Part 1: 6 min AMRAMP (apparently there was a roll over and knee tucks that I forgot…still a good workout though)
- 2 commando pushups (you are lying on the ground, military style pushup where you’re hands are close to your ribs, do not push your butt up first)
- jump in to squatjump forward10 SB squats (30 lb)2 jump back
Part 2: 10:50 6 rounds (20 lb sandbag…which i found might be too light, but I hurt my lower back at work a while back)
- SB swing (keep abs tight and squeeze your but when you thrust your hips forward or you will hurt your back, also dont swing too high.)
- SB situp (SB above head on ground, lift up over head first and sit up. Keep legs out straight. or cross them)
10:20 8 rounds for each exercise so it should take 20 min total without a break.
But I highly suggest at least 30 seconds to 1 min max inbetween each one.
- Pushup Burpees (or half burpee pushup, or no pushup burpee to alternate it)
- 1 leg deadlift and jump up (alt legs with each interval, so you will do 4 for each leg)
- Mountain climbersPlank V hops (originally v-ups but I did those yesterday :P, Basically jump in and then jump out to the left and twist a bit to engage obliques and jump back IN to the middle and out to the right)
- Side lunge jump touchdown (originally no jump, but I wanted to add it to make it more challenging)
Part 1 – 14 rounds (as soon as i got to 10 I was wondering if i started my clock) ending HR: 180
Part 2 :
ending HR : 144
Ending HR for each round: 168/180/192/192/186
Since I keep getting random foot injuries I’ve decided to take a swing at P90X…combined with insanity for cardio days. (at least I can do plyo type exercises, the bike got boring real quick)
First pics are before and second pics are 30 days. I do apologize for the mess you are about to see, I had one hell of a week at work with the holidays coming up and training for seasonal supervisor for seasonal employees and pulling a lot of overtime….yes we like to start 2 weeks before halloween..which is personally yuck.
Quite honestly…I can’t really tell if I had progress…. I guess my butt is more lifted in the second pic and my lower back looks smaller…as for the side view, that first pic is my normal posture and the second is also normal posture so I guess my posture improved (take that neck kink!). I also gained about 2 pounds…so I am debating on adding a short HIIT workout post lifting.